Recycling has become an essential aspect of our daily lives, and for good reason. Recycling helps reduce waste, protects the environment, and saves natural resources when done properly. However, recycling may seem easy, but many people are still unsure about what can and cannot be recycled. Many people unknowingly make mistakes when it comes to recycling, which can cause more harm than good. This comprehensive guide will provide you with some tips on what to do and what not to do when it comes to recycling. Additionally, we will show you how LeMay Mobile Shredding can assist you in your recycling efforts.
Do’s of Recycling:
- Do recycle clean and dry items. Contamination from food or liquids can ruin a whole batch of recycling. The recycling of paper and cardboards should be one of the easiest processes. Paper and cardboards are often readily accepted by recycling facilities, but they must be clean and dry before they are recycled. If you have confidential papers that you want to recycle, taking advantage of the services of LeMay Mobile Shredding will come in handy. LeMay Mobile Shredding provides on-site paper shredding services and can adequately shred your papers efficiently and effectively while also providing secure document destruction.
- Do separate different materials when recycling. This ensures that each material is processed correctly at recycling centers. The first rule when it comes to recycling is to separate your recyclable materials. Sorting your waste into clear and transparent bags, clearly labeling them and having a designated area for these bags can make the recycling process much more manageable. In doing so, you will minimize confusion and increase your chance of having your recyclables picked up by your local recycling facility.
- Do recycle metal cans or glass bottles. These are easily recyclable and can be reused over and over again.
- Do recycle electronics. Many people may not know, but you can recycle your electronic devices. Electronic devices such as cell phones, tablets, and computers can be recycled as they contain valuable metals that can be extracted and used for new electronic devices. Thus, rather than let them sit idle in your home, you could recycle them and even consider donating working devices to reduce environmental waste. LeMay Mobile Shredding can even shred your wanted hard drives.
Don’ts of recycling:
- Don’t recycle items with food waste, grease or oils. This includes pizza boxes, paper cups, and food packaging. Recycling contaminated materials can lead to contamination of other recyclable materials, which means that it may end up in landfill. Contamination can come from food particles, liquids, grease, and other impurities. Thus, it would be best if you wiped or rinsed out containers and bottles to remove any residue before recycling them.
- Don’t recycle plastic bags, cords or hoses. They are not easily recyclable and can be harmful to machinery. It may seem obvious, but many people still put non-recyclables into the recycling bin. Non-recyclables include Styrofoam, plastic bags, and plastic wraps. These items may take up space in a recycling bin and hurt the environment. Consider reusing plastic bags or returning them to the grocery store’s drop-off bins.
- Don’t recycle broken glass or ceramics. Small, sharp pieces can get mixed in with other materials and cause injury.
How LeMay Mobile Shredding can help:
LeMay Mobile Shredding offers secure document shredding and recycling services. We understand the importance of properly recycling sensitive documents and paper debris. Our shredding and recycling services guarantee that your confidential information is completely destroyed and the paper is recycled appropriately. With our state-of-the-art shredding trucks, we can come to your location and shred documents in no time!
When utilizing our services, rest assured that you are doing your part in protecting the environment while keeping your personal information safe.
Recycling is an essential part of preserving our environment, but it requires proper knowledge and execution. By following the Do’s and Don’ts of recycling, we can make a real difference in reducing waste and pollution. When it comes to the secure shredding and recycling of confidential documents, LeMay Mobile Shredding provides top-quality services in the areas of Vancouver, Portland, and Tacoma to name just a few. Let us help you with all your paper and document destruction and recycling needs!
Remember, small acts of recycling can make a significant impact on our environment! So now go ahead and start recycling, and give LeMay Mobile Shredding a call if you have any confidential documents that need proper disposal.